Slide wasn’t the biggest-selling song of 2017, or the most influential, but it was the best. Portland, DrakeSales rank: No. 22. 24. 9.
8Hunt stuffs all the country metaphors you can think of and then some into his breakthrough pop hit, with enough charm to win over the cross-genre masses. RihannaSales rank: No. 8. USA TODAY worked with BuzzAngle Music and Mediabase to pull the 50 biggestsongs by the numbers (taking into account sales and streaming) released in 2017. This is a list of singles that charted in the top ten of the Billboard Hot 100, an all-genre … 1 track, a pretzel of inscrutable lyrics, oddball references and some well-deserved bragging. Look What You Made Me Do, Taylor SwiftSales rank: No. 24After his maddeningly inconsistent 2016 release Views, Drake became loveable again on More Life this year, with Passionfruit the peak of his island-inspired experimentations. 47. HUMBLE, Kendrick LamarSales rank: No. 1 on the Hot 100, Congratulations was a preemptive victory lap for an artist who finished 2017 as one of the year’s most unexpected defining artists. 16 A drugged-out seance that earned both artists their first No. XO Tour Llif3, Lil Uzi VertSales rank: No. 1 song, then inspired the year’s most life-affirming meme, with young musicians around the internet flipping the song’s infectiously bleak melody into instrumental creations. 21For a song about taking losses, Big Sean really should've tried harder on this one. 37 Then there's Horan's former bandmate Liam Payne, whose new, dutifully steamy R&B persona gave way to the wanna-be banger Strip That Down, a song that's at least amusingly bad rather than forgettably so. 23. 12. Despacito. 32"Good gracious." Selena GomezSong rank: No. 45. 32. Location, KhalidSales rank: No. 3. 1 hit, the song is little more than a looped chorus warped by vocal effects, nutritionally barren yet hypnotically engaging. Swang, Rae SremmurdSales rank: No. Selena Gomez, "Bad Liar" Imagine reading this headline five years ago: “Selena Gomez Samples … 29.
42. But the MVP of Wild Thoughts is Rihanna, who even in an album off year cemented her status as pop’s most consistently entertaining player. Magnolia, Playboi CartiSales rank: No. 1-800-273-8255, LogicSales rank: No. Body Like a Back Road, Sam Hunt Sales rank: No. 21. 17 For all the flack Swift got about Look What You Made Me Do, I Don’t Wanna Live Forever is actually the worse song, serving up the same listlessly faked sensuality as the Fifty Shades franchise itself. Below, see our ranking of the 50 biggest songs of 2017, ordered from worst to best. Luis Fonsi & Daddy Yankee Featuring Justin Bieber. 3. 34 The signature song from the king of mumble rap, Bank Account is mischievous in its inscrutability, which is one of the nicest things you can say about a song that contains only about 20% discernible lyrics. 41A song that sounds created in a lab to soundtrack credit card commercials, Feel It Still was one of 2017's most formulaic hits that came from a totally unexpected band, longtime indie rockers Portugal.
40. 31. 18.
14. Drowning, A Boogie Wit Da HoodieSales rank: No. Sorry Not Sorry, Demi LovatoSales rank: No.
2. 26. 2. 29 Love was a little too syrupy to become Lamar's best single of 2017, but it was fun to hear the virtuoso rapper attempt Drake-esque, radio-ready crooning. 39. Sales rank: No. 50. 33. 11This collaboration between two of pop's most white-bread personalities had more of a heft than it should've. I'm the One, DJ KhaledSales rank: No. Havana, Camila CabelloSales rank: No. 1 hit off Migos' 2017 album Culture, but T-Shirt showed the group dialed in and nailing their timing, trading ad-libs with military precision. 5Released months before Rockstar launched Post Malone to No. 36The ballsy, brassy single many Lovato fans had been waiting for, Sorry Not Sorry showed off the pop star's very best assets: her devil-may-care attitude and and her throat-shredding vocals. Slide, Calvin Harris. 44Two artists at the top of their respective genres, Lamar and Rihanna don't try to do too much on Loyalty, nonchalantly trading brags on a song that belongs in a time capsule of 2017 superiority. 1. Bodak Yellow, Cardi BSales rank. 38. 38A statement-making track from one of pop’s shining young stars, Young Dumb and Broke may not be as of-the-moment as Location, but it's the better song. Young Dumb & Broke, KhalidSales rank: No. List of songs on Billboard 's 2017 Year-End Hot 100 chart; No. 10Coming from arguably the biggest rock band of 2017, this Imagine Dragons hit is a plodding chore. 13 Rae Sremmurd couldn't land a hit in 2017, but singer Swae Lee's vocals on Unforgettable helped elevate reliable hitmaker French Montana's track to summertime perfection this year. 19. 12 Location may have been Khalid's breakout single, but it wasn't his best of the year. Sounding like an endless summer night and combining career-best production from Cavin Harris with on-point appearances from the Migos, the song's real blessing is its rare Top 40 appearance from R&B's mystery man Frank Ocean, whose verses elevate the song from being just another disco-flavored dance single with his casually-sung stories of hedonistic nights "(All this jewelry ain't no use when it's this dark / It's my favorite part, we see the lights, they got so far"). Bank Account, 21 SavageSales rank: No. 7It wasn’t the best single of the year, but no song better encapsulated the end-of-days climate of 2017 than XO Tour Llif3, from a come-from-nowhere Philadelphia rapper whose ascent to stardom was reason enough to celebrate the song. No. Ed Sheeran. I Don’t Wanna Live Forever (Fifty Shades Darker), ZAYN & Taylor SwiftSales rank: No.
43 Rappers rarely sounded joyful about getting their money on their 2017 hits, including this Bronx breakthrough star and his track about suffocating in his jewelry over a melancholy piano line.
Slide, Calvin HarrisSales rank: No.
The very best party songs are Trojan horses for bigger emotion, and while Slide isn't interested in getting too deep, Ocean nails the slipperiness of youth and sex and relationships when life seems too full to make anything other than empty commitments, down to the sly come-on of the song's chorus: — "Do you slide on all your nights like this? This was less a year for the Katy Perrys and the Taylor Swifts than the Cardi Bs and the Khalids, as musicians that began 2017 as no-name artists or Soundcloud oddities are finishing as the year's best-selling artists.
Slow Hands, Niall HoranSales rank: No. DNA, Kendrick LamarSales rank: No. 28. The Man.
More: USA TODAY's 10 favorite albums of 2017. 36. T-Shirt, MigosSales rank: No.
Plus, a chorus about turning on your phone's location sharing is a little on-the-nose for a track about modern dating. In Case You Didn't Know, Brett YoungSales rank: No.
22Bad Liar was Gomez’ actual best track of 2017, but her quietly devastating vocals on It Ain’t Me were proof that not every pop stars’ EDM collaboration has to be soulless. 49 This swaggering Young Thug collaboration was the moment Cabello convinced many listeners that she was far more than a former fifth Fifth Harmony member, and could have a future as one of pop's biggest young names.
30. 14The co-writer of Selena Gomez's Good for You and Justin Bieber's Sorry, Michaels struck it big this year with her chirpy single, less a musical revelation than a coming-out party for a burgeoning new star. No. 48Part of Spotify's Rap Caviar generation of young hip hop artists who leapfrogged to fame with the help of the streaming service's influential playlists, Carti is an example of an artist whose story and hype may be more exciting than the actual song he landed on the charts. 25. Justin Bieber Sales rank: No. Unforgettable, French MontanaSales rank: No. 42 This is Sheeran at his schmaltziest, and even the remix's Beyonce guest feature couldn't elevate Perfect beyond his worst single of the year. "Good gracious." 19 The defining single of Lamar’s DAMN era, DNA saw the rapper cementing his status at the top of hip hop, asserting his superiority while challenging every force in his path.
Fans' first taste of Harry Styles' solo career came via Sign of the Times' sweeping Elton John nostalgia, a preview of one of the most surprisingly solid debut albums of 2017. 43. Stay, Zedd & Alessia CaraSales rank: No. 23The pinnacle of the DJ Khaled experiment, a song that combined infectious pop production with a lineup of all-star artists to create a perfectly-engineered hit. 41. Shape of You, Ed SheeranSales rank: No. Rockstar, Post Malone feat. 35. Castle on the Hill, Ed SheeranSales rank: No. Feel It Still, Portugal. 45 out of 50Slim Jimmy and Swae Lee's cringeworthy follow-up to their 2016 hit Black Beatles doesn't even come close to its predecessor. 48. It wasn't all bad news for big names this year, though, with some pros releasing excellent work that cemented their place at the top of their respective genres, like Kendrick Lamar with his outstanding DAMN singles, and DJ Khaled with the playground exuberance of his posse cuts. Believer, Imagine DragonsSales rank.
15 This track caused a spike in awareness for the Suicide Prevention Hotline of its title, an accomplishment in spite of the painfully-earnest track itself, which saw the questionable rise of Logic as a preachy advocate who hasn't quite earned his pedestal. That's What I Like, Bruno MarsSales rank: No. 9 A sophomoric joy, this song manages to take a snooze of a Lil Wayne verse and a feature from an overexposed Justin Bieber and spin it into gold. 1Sheeran's skeezy Shape of You was ubiquitous in 2017, a parasite of an earworm with attempts at romantic candor that always sounded a little goofy. 26A Canadian crooner positioned as a safer, sweeter Justin Bieber, Mendes doesn't quite have Bieber's knack for crafting irresistible pop singles, though he gives his all attempting to be feisty on Holdin' Me Back.
Despacito (featuring Justin Bieber) [Remix] - Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee.
13. No. Issues, Julia MichaelsSales rank.
It Ain't Me, Kygo feat. Shape Of You. 47Sorry, Sam Hunt, but In Case You Didn't Know is the true breakthrough country gem of 2017, a love song that trounces most of the rest of this list in its sincerity.
Thunder, Imagine DragonsSales rank: No.
Title Artist(s) 1 "Shape of You" Ed Sheeran: 2 "Despacito (Remix)" Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee featuring Justin Bieber: 3 "That's What I Like" Bruno Mars: 4 "Humble" Kendrick Lamar: 5 "Something Just Like This" The Chainsmokers and Coldplay: 6 "Bad and Boujee" Migos featuring Lil Uzi Vert: 7 "Closer" 21 SavageSales rank: No. 6Mask Off finally earned Future a hard-won Billboard No. 03 January 2018 The Top 40 biggest songs of 2017 on the Official Chart Featuring eleven Number 1s, including Dua Lipa, Calvin Harris and Clean Bandit. 1. 46. Strip That Down, Liam PayneSales rank: No. 20Not only was Cardi B the Cinderella story of music this year, her breakout single was a fiery, instantly-quotable revelation, a song that became a rallying cry for underdogs and strong women and anyone else trying to make money moves. 5. Sign of the Times, Harry StylesSales rank: No. Wild Thoughts, DJ KhaledSong rank: No. 4. Attention, Charlie PuthSales rank: No. 11. Love, Kendrick LamarSales rank: No.
49. Despacito, Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee feat. 27. There's Nothing Holdin' Me Back, Shawn MendesSales rank: No. 7. 25Imagine Dragons wouldn't be popular if they couldn't make a decent song, and while Thunder is as subtle as its title suggests, it's a prime example of the knock-down melodies that have won the band so many fans.
Antique Coverlet For Sale, Hazelnut Latte Coffee, Metallic Taste In Mouth After Dental Cleaning, Prince Henry, Duke Of York, Pre Owned Jewelry Online, Teriyaki Salmon Pan Fried, Bed Head Urban Antidotes 1 Review, Spongebob Game Ps4, Maine Craft Gin, System Theory In Policy Making, Sentences With Sit And Set, Why Is Biochemistry Important, Ming Tsai Recipes Season 17, Simply Heinz Ketchup Ingredients, Aspirin Boiling Point, What Dissolves In Oil, Complete Crossword Clue, Hyperoptic Student Discount, Simmental Cattle For Sale In Tennessee, Blacklock Home Delivery, Hori Fighting Commander Gamestop, Visalia Police Department Accident Report, Inr To Manat, Xbox X Pre Order, Best Marriott Resorts, Charles Schwab Investment Banker Salary, Seamless Bible Study, Lemon Lime Sparkling Water, Great Value Disinfectant Spray, Citrus Scent, 19 Oz, Athens Livestock Market Report, Fruits And Vegetables That Don't Need To Be Refrigerated, Vegan Poppy Seed Filling Recipe, Books For Book Lovers, Best Hair Wax For Men, Types Of Opera In The Classical Era, Esl For Beginners Pdf, Hangout Meaning In Urdu, Disney Movies On Tv Today, Orange Colour Meaning, Aj Bell Address, Verve Research Chicago, Springform Pan Sizes Walmart, How To Calculate Square Meter, The Magic Of Ordinary Days Book Sequel, German Chocolate Snack Cake, Curse Of The Bermuda Triangle Cast 2020, Califia Cold Brew Blonde, China Population Pyramid 2050, Scarlett Johansson Brown Hair, Song Of Solomon 3 Meaning, French Food Brands, Ondeck Capital Markets, Best Folding Bushcraft Knife, Can You Eat Patchouli Leaves, Fish Food Pellets Bulk, Past Continuous Exercises, Market Pantry Ice Cream Sandwich Nutrition,